Monday, February 08, 2010

Old and New Police Chiefs



When I am assigned to go to a school board meeting, I look out for interesting facial expressions and I also try to layer my subjects as much as possible. For this assignment, I was asked to photograph Saltsburg's new Chief of Police receiving his new badge. When the proper time came, I got the standard shot that I knew the paper would publish, but stuck around until the end of the meeting in case the reporter needed additional headshots for the archive. The meeting wrapped up and I saw Saltsburg's newly appointed Chief of Police fielding questions from a reporter as the newly retired Chief of Police standing next to me in the foreground. I saw the shot in my head but wasn't tall enough to give it a clean layered look. I quickly looked around, grabbed a sturdy chair, hopped on, and got the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment